Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chipboard Coaster Photo Book





When my hubby got elected to the board of directors of the IWCA he started to do a lot more traveling so I wanted him to have a little piece of family and home to take with him on each trip. I made this little book out of heavy weight chipboard coasters from the American Coaster Company. The DSP is now retired and the name completely escapes me, but I believe it was one of the western themed papers. I hinged the coasters with pieces of chocolate chip grosgrain and then covered with the DSP. Inside I placed some matted family photos we had taken at our last church directory photo shoot and embellished with some rub-ons and a personal note. The book folds in a zig-zag manner and closes with a grosgrain ribbon tied in a bow.
In February my DH was in Atlanta for the annual IWCA convention, March 19-April 1 he worked in Asheville, NC, this evening he left for Winston-Salem, NC and will return on Saturday evening, April 30-May 2 he'll be off to Houston, TX....and this is just for the beginning of 2009. Considering I made this book 2 years ago you can imagine how many travels it has been through!

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, this is a beautiful, memorable album book that anyone would love to have, Dawn.
    How lucky your hubby is to have such memories travel with him where ever he goes.
    It's really a beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete