Monday, October 11, 2010

So Nice To Play Again




It was so nice to just sit back and be creative for a while. I am scheduled to do a papercrafting class at my mother-in-law's home next Wednesday and as I have been extremely slack in participating in any swaps my selection of samples are poor to say the least. I have spent the last couple of evenings creating some cards for my MIL to choose from and the rest will go into my samples stash. I am going to add a card a day until I get through my little creative blast here and hope that Blogspot doesn't blow up....it may not recognize my site with regular posting, ha! ha!.

This is one of the cards my "mom" chose for her class. She and I both love the vintage look as well as a black and white or black and cream color scheme. I have had the Puns From The Past set forever, but this is the first time it has seen any ink. The base is Very Vanilla cardstock edged with Crumb Cake ink layered with a Finial Press embossed basic Black. I really love the the Newsprint DSP, but did not want to completely cover the beautiful embossing so I just cut a small piece, distressed the edges with Crumb Cake ink to resemble aged newspaper. The Basic Gray layer was distressed with a pair of scissors as I do not yet have the new Distressing Kit followed by more Basic Black and then the stamped Grateful For You image on more distressed with CC ink on Very Vanilla CS. I have been wanting to use the new lace trims on everything so it is a good thing I left the Basic Gray layer longer to acommodate the Victoria Lace trim and hung a small tag using the Tag Punch and Linen Thread for the greeting.

It was really fun putting this card together and I hope you enjoy viewing today's creation and stop back for the next several days for new posts. Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing!!

    Found you through SC thread.
    HAPPY STAMPING!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete