Friday, November 13, 2009

Holiday Gift Market

Every November our church holds a gift market for missions. The past 2 years all of the items were fair trade products ranging from food, jewelry, and home decor from places like Vietnam, India, and other countries. This year, "crafty" church members were encouraged to donate some their art works so I pulled out my stamps to do my part.

Even though there are only 7 tags showing here, I made 8 different gift tags packaged in cute 2-4-6-8 boxes, that I neglected to take a photo of :-(
I made my own shimmer mist using SU!'s shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol in a mini mister and it added just a hint of sparkle to my tags and boxes. I also used some of the SU! silver elastic cording on each tag.

I just love this Snow Swirled set, it is so elegant! I have also found a new love....Spellbinders Nestabilities. I decided I really wanted to design this card with ovals and have not purchased the oval Bigz die yet so off I went with a coupon to one of those big box store and got my first Nestie. Sorry this picture and the next are a bit on the dark side.

I have loved this Cardinal since I purchased him last year and finally got around to using him. This frame was actually the remaining piece after cutting out the oval for the above card. I just had to use it for something so I ran it through my Big Shot using the Petals A Plenty Embossing folder and then layering over WW cardstock. Then using my Stamp-a-ma-jig and Staz On stamped Mr. Birdie and watercolored with reinkers and a blender pen.

My third card was the Holy Family stamp set on the shimmer cardstock using Night of Navy. I embossed the star and Baby Jesus' halo in gold and layered the trimmed Top Note on a gold Top Note.
I ended up with 6 boxes of cards, packaged 6 to a box, 2 of each design, in a clear acetate gift box (yes, I made those too) and was very happy to find out that all six sold!! I really liked the gift box that I stumbled upon and it held 6 cards and envelopes perfectly. Check out Tracy Schultz's blog at www.whoistracy.com
Well, thanks for looking and hopefully I will be back in the next day or so to post pictures of a birthday inivitation I made with the Build A Bear die cuts.




No comments:

Post a Comment