Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sweet Daisy Mae

This coming Wednesday will mark 2 weeks since we had to say good-bye to our sweet border collie Daisy. She was with us for 12 years and was an absolute doll!! That dog loved to chase after sticks; we always joked that her leg would be hanging on by a ligament and she would still go full bore. Well, now she is chasing those sticks across the Rainbow Bridge. I made this card for the doctors and staff at our vet's office to say thanks for the love and care they always gave to our girl. Shhhhh, I know it's not Stampin' Up! and I won't post the name but I got it at one of those big box stores. Can you believe I did not have any dog (or cat for that matter) stamps in my inventory? Unbelievable! This is a CASE with a couple of minor changes. Of course, once again, I did not jot down the name of the original creator or blog so if this is yours let me know so I can post credit. I did use Stampin' Up! cardstock in Crumbcake, Early Espresso, and Melon Mambo along with retired MM ribbon


And here she is, the wonderful Sweet Daisy Mae! She turned 12 this past February, which for us is short....our mini dachshund, Dollie, was 18 (1991-2009) and our kitty Sneakers was 21 (1987-2008). The house has been really quiet. We could always tell when Daisy was around as she was not the most graceful of dogs when it came to laying down....she would always kind of flop down with a resounding thump. Laughingly we would call her "Grace".


And who ever said cats and dogs don't get along? My 2 snugglers in action. Daisy and Sneakers became fast friends when Daisy came into our family.


And finally, a dog and her boy.....My youngest son, Ethan would love on Daisy sooooo much and she would just take it. Sometimes she would look up at you and you could just tell she was thinking "Okay, that's enough love for now." I think Ethan was always a bit disappointed that Daisy wouldn't sleep on his bed with him, but she tended to be hot natured. The only time she really ever slept with any of us is when someone was sick and in our queen size bed. There apparently was enough room for the sick body and the sprawled out collie. That was one of the sweetest things about this old girl, she knew when you didn't feel well and was willing to stay by
 your side until things were better.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the contraband card. I will actually have another to post in the next day or so; a belated birthday card for my son's third grade teacher. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So very sorry for your loss. Your border collie is beautiful and I feel your pain. All the best to you and yours in the healing process.
    Keri

    ReplyDelete