Monday, January 18, 2010

Seems I Am On A Roll....

Three days in a row of posting, sure hope the computer doesn't blow up. These are a couple of cards I made in December. This one is actually a birthday invitation for a winter themed birthday party. I'm not too sure how it shows up, but the card base was misted with the SU! Shimmer Paint mixed with alcohol to make my own "shimmer mist" So glad SU! carried these paints in the Holiday Mini and hopefully they will continue to do so. I'm sure others have tried, but I have not yet seen any posts about it, I wonder if it would work to add a drop of reinker to change the color...just think of the possibilities!
The card base was also embossed with a snowflake embossing plate that I had in my stash of craft supplies. Again, I am not sure if the photo really picks up on this. I do know one thing...I really need to order the SU! Snowflake punch because the Sizzix Sizzlets Snowflake dies are a real pain to pop out of the card stock. I think I will try shim or 2 the next time to see if it will help.

This is the thank you card I made to coordinate with the invitation. I must say I really like this and wished I had used the faux window technique to make the invitation as well. The striped awning flips up and the card panel with the faux window folds down to reveal the Simple Birthday Thanks stamped image. This was so much fun to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment