Saturday, April 10, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Luncheon

Friday, April 9th was our annual Teacher Appreciation Luncheon for our preschool teachers. As mentioned in my previous post, the theme was an Afternoon High Tea. Our fellowship hall is quite large so we made the setting a bit more intimate by setting up near our wall of doors and windows and using portable room dividers to "wall" in the opposite side. The teachers entered through the trellis to choose their seats.
The table settings were casually elegant. Two tables had matching tea cups & saucers while the other two had mixed settings...some borrowed, some thrift store finds.
We sat our party favor boxes on this table which was covered by a beautiful springtime quilt made by the mother of my parent co-coordinator, Cindy. It was such a cute set up. The ladies dined on cucumber sandwiches, smoked salmon on pumpernickel, chicken salad croissants, apricot scones, cream cheese scones, cheese straws and lots of fresh fruit. Believe me no one left hungry. For dessert, one of our room moms and party organizers made English Trifle and some really wonderful Lemon Tea Cookies....yummy!
After lunch we presented the teachers with their appreciation gifts. My school parent co-coordinator Cindy offered to make quilts for 20, yes I said TWENTY, teachers and staff members. I helped where I could, you know like the easy sewing and cutting parts :-) I cannot praise Cindy enough for the time, dedication, and love she put into this project. We started working on these quilts back in September and if memory serves me correctly Cindy completed the last binding the early or middle of March. Well, you could have heard a pin drop on the carpeted floor when the ladies opened their gifts...they had to wait to open them all at the same time.
Here they are!!! I have had the pleasure of knowing most of these ladies for the last five years when my oldest started at this preschool when he was 3. I have always made it a point to let my children's teachers know how much I appreciate all they do, as I am sure a lot of parents do, but the looks on their faces as they gazed at these beautiful pieces of art really made them realize that we truly mean those words of appreciation. This was a work of love for some fabulous ladies that lovingly teach our children.

1 comment:

  1. Every bit of this lovely appreciation luncheon, from the invitations to the setting to the quilts is truly a work of heart! Thank you for sharing =)
    I'm following you from Stampin' Connection, #248 on the list
    http://craftysahmiam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete