Saturday, February 18, 2012

Belated Birthday

 I have got to get busy and start crafting some more cards now that I am about done posting my latest creations. Can I please have about 12 extra hours per day? I know, don't we all wish there was more time to hide away in our craft rooms, or as in my case crowd the dining room table with my vast inventory of products :-) Bless my husband's heart he rarely says anything about it...love him!!

I also love this Mixed Bunch stamp set. As usual I was running behind on a birthday gift that was
already considerably belated so I had to go fairly simple. I have seen so many beautiful cards done with this set.
 

My upline did a tutorial on a card like this using the My Friend set and I  liked it so much I decided to CASE it. The only change I did was to add some Dazzling Diamonds to the White Embossing Powder to get a little extra shimmer. 


I know, here she goes again with that Because I Care set, but I'll say it again.....I really love that set!


Back to that Mixed Bunch set. I told you I was pressed for time so not only did I do simple, but repeats with minor color changes. The first set had Pear Pizazz centers on the flowers and here we have Baja Breeze. I am thinking next time I create one like this I bump it up a notch with some background embossing.


Well, I learned my lesson with this set of cards. I asked my 6 year old what was his teacher's favorite color. He proudly and definitively stated "purple and pink!" So I tried to follow that color scheme throughout this set of gift cards. Just recently I found out her favorite color is green....uh-oh. I find that a tad bit funny, because that is my son's favorite color as well; perhaps he just was helping his teacher expand her horizons on other color choices.



Finally, another Because I Care and in pink, but at least there is some green on the card!

As always, thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment