Friday, January 28, 2011

Break Time with Bold Blossom and Punch Bunch

Well, thought I would take a break and post a couple of card samples. I have been scrubbing the cabinets under the sink from overflow where we had a massively stubborn clogged that we worked on for about 4 days!!! Finally we had success with the help of an old friend of my husband's who just happens to be a plumber, thank you Thann. Needless to say I would muuuuch rather be crafting than scrubbing, ha! ha!

This past Saturday I met with a great group of ladies to talk a little Stampin' Up! business and swap some cards. I am posting my two swap cards today and will add pictures of the other swaps I received. There were some very talented ladies and their cards are too beautiful not to share. Keep checking back for those posts.
This is the Bold Blossom stamp set from the Occasions Mini. I CASEd this from....oh shucks, she didn't watermark her photo and I course I forgot to write it down! I did make a few changes by stamping the flowers directly and not cutting them out. I also used pearls in the center rather than brads, white satin ribbon rather than Daffodil Delight ribbon and stamped the sentiment from the Sale A Bration set  So Happy For You then punched with the Modern Label Punch, while the original had the birthday greeting (Sincere Salutations) stamped directly onto the green. I believe I found the original on Stampin' Connection and it is so cute. Thanks to the original stamper for the inspiration! 

I used inspiration from Julie Davison for this card. Using the Sale A Bration stamp set Punch Bunch, Rich Razzleberry cardstock and ink, Springtime Vintage DSP from the Occasions Mini, and the Square Lattice Embossing Folder I added more layers than Julie's original which you can see here:
http://juliedavison.com/ProjectKits/1012_MonogramNotecardKit/index.html. Since I am still relatively new to this whole blogging thing I hope it is okay to link back to Julie's original creation, if not please kindly and gently let me know.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my latest work. I will get busy on showing those other swap samples in the next few days. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment