Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Love Green

 I love so many shades of green and not sure if I have ever met a shade I didn't like. My mom is a green person too except when it comes to her birthstone. She was born in August so her stone is a Peridot. She thinks it just to pale. I, on the other hand love it! Glad that I do too since my youngest was born in August, in fact he was born on my mom's birthday. We actually planned it that way since we were having a C-section and her birthday fell right in the time frame that the doctor wanted to deliver. How convenient and cool is that?!

Okay, back to cardmaking....When I first saw this Studio Sletches stamp set I thought watercolor and then I stumbled across a design like the one above. Of course I forgot to jot down the name of the original artist so if it's you please give a shout out for the credit. I did make a few changes. Rather than using DSP (because I thought I didn't have the same pattern as the original, but it ended up that I really did have some) I once again made my own using elements from the Charming and Itty Bitty Bits stamp sets stamped on Old Olive CS with OO Ink. I also used another piece of lace while the original used Grosgrain Ribbon. The background is En Francais stamped in Crumb Cake while the main image was colored  with the Stampin' Write Markers in Old Olive and Cajun Craze. As you can tell I got in a paper tearing mood, but I think it lends a rustic air to the overall feeling of the card. Of course all those torn edges got hit with some Crumb Cake ink for a touch of distressing.

Thanks for stopping in for a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment