Saturday, April 3, 2010

Love Our Teachers

It's that time of year... to let our preschool teachers and staff know how much they are truly appreciated. Every year we do a luncheon for our teachers and staff and this year's theme is an Afternoon High Tea and their gifts are fabulous, but I can't say or show what it is just in case any of them happen to read my blog. The luncheon is next Friday the 9th and then I will let the cat out of the bag. I try to do a handmade Save The Date card each year, usually stamped, but this time I had to depend on line art clip art for my focal image. I laser printed on watercolor paper and what a PAIN!!!!! Due to the texture of the paper the toner does not adhere properly (guess how I found that little tidbit out??) so I had to spray with a workable fixative so I could watercolor my images. Live and learn so the saying goes.

I used my Stampin' Up! Color Coach and Watercolor Crayons to fill in with the Dynamic Duos combinations. I think the only Duo I did not use was the Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa.

I printed the Save the Date phrase onto Confetti paper and still had to spray with fixative...hope the heat setting device on my printer is not going up. The phrased were popped up on Dimensionsals and then I punched some Dynamic Duo photo corners to fill in all that white space.

I mailed out 23 of these cards on Thursday...I know, can we say procrastination? Hope the teachers and staff enjoy receiving these as much as I enjoyed putting them together. I am really looking forward to spoiling them at the end of the week!
Happy Easter and thanks for stopping by!
By the way, sorry for the horrible lighting. I was in such a hurry to get these in the mail that I did not have time to pull out my mini photo studio and take better shots. That will teach me for not getting on the ball earlier.

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! Great job! TYFS!
    I'm a new follower from Stampin' Connection.

    chanda stehlik
    www.bellevuestampingclub.com

    ReplyDelete