Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Little Variety

Well, I have been absent for a while...again! I did not make a New Year's resolution to be a better blogger, since I never keep my resolutions anyway, but let's hope for more consistency in 2010.

A friend from church asked if I could put together a simple variety of cards for her to give to a special friend. These are definitely simple and some simply elegant. I hope she likes what I have created.

This card was done with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder with the petals slightly tinted with the Crushed Curry. I felt the polka dots on the Crushed Curry ribbon would have been too whimsical for the elegance of the embossing so I just flipped it over and I do like that the few dots on the knot show .

.

Ah, Rich Razzleberry, how I love this color! This was sort of CASEd from a card I saw on SCS. The ribbon and pearls came into play when I needed to cover an ink smudge...or two :-) I am also really loving the Vintage Vogue set!



I wanted to use the Very Vintage wheel between my embossed lines, but I did not leave enough room to accommodate the width of the wheel. Not wanted to waste a piece of card stock I decided to use my very lonely Baroque Border wheel with some Mellow Moss ink, a touch of MM ribbon and a Vintage Label and voila, a card was born!



Another partial CASE from SCS with that gorgeous Vintage Vogue stamp set. I used Dusty Durango and Blush Blossom papers and inks along with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. The new punches, Scallop Trim Corner and Border are so pretty, but do take a bit of getting used to. I think they add an elegant touch to any card.



Okay, this card truly is mine unless I saw it somewhere and have subliminally created it without realizing it. I really, really like the embossing folders and am so glad SU! has started to carry them. I was using some from that "other" manufacturer...if you know what I mean, ha! ha! Here goes that Very Vintage wheel again in Brocade Blue. I never thought I would really use or like, that much, the butterfly thing that seems to be the craze now, but I do so like how they look here.



Last, but not least, an old stand by. I have been doing this one for about a year and I know it is a case, but not sure from where. So if this is your original creation, I thank you. Nothing says elegant like simple black and white.

I have a few more creations that I have done, but have been too lazy to upload. If I can get my self in gear, hopefully I will post again...soon :-) I have enjoyed sharing these with you and hope you have enjoyed looking. Take care my friends until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment