Friday, May 29, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Unfortunately punctuality has never been my strong point but my motto is better late than never! At the school my 6 year old attends each grade level is taught by a team of teachers. If you have been reading my blog you will have noticed 2 previous posts for birthday gifts for his kindergarten teachers, therefore 3 separate posts, one for each teacher. My hubby gave me a chuckle when I told him I was working on another teacher b-day gift. I think his words were like "How many birthdays do they have?" I think he focused more on Jack's homeroom teacher and not realizing there were 2 more teachers making Team Saturn...good thing there are moms to keep these things straight, huh? This was a very quickly thrown together gift bag...can't say I am completely happy with it, but at least it's better than the plain white bag it started out as.

I haven't made a 2-4-6-8 bag in a while and found it to be the perfect little holder for a little birthday chocolate.

Another chipboard coaster Post-It Note Holder and matching pen. This one is covered in Certainly Celery DSP and I FINALLY got around to using my Sticky Letters and Green Micro Beads from the Duo pack. Even though each teacher pretty much got the same items I tried to make each one a little bit different.

I will definitely be making more of these little boxes! It's one of Lauren Meader's templates called the Desk Top Organizer. I have seen this hold pieces of notepaper (as pictured), A2 cards/envies, candy, and even a baby-shirt; talk about versatility. You can find Lauren's templates at: http://www.papertreyink.com/timeless_templates.html
I used an Avery template for a 4.25x5.5 postcard and printed the Note From XXXXX on my laser printer. I used the Teacher's Pet stamp set and ABC Images stamp set on the lower right hand corner. Hopefully the next time I make these the procrastination bug will have departed my life and I will color in the images for a little extra pop. The monogram was made with the JustRite stamper and borders and layered on a 2" scallop punch. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment